Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Readers Appreciation events! What brings you out!

I went to my first ever Reader appreciation event earlier this year in North Carolina. Granted, I've been reading books all of my life. As I got older, I read everything from historical romances and later Interracial(IR) romances. It never occured to me to attend an event. They always seemed like things old women went to. LOL

It was purely by accident that I stumbled upon the Beautiful Trouble Publishing reader appreciation event. I just happened to be on their site one day and saw the announcement. I had been reading works by their writers for nearly two years. The price was right and it was within driving distance. So, I got a ticket for me and my good friend and I went. It was long but I had a blast. I guess you could say I was hooked after that. I went to one recently in VA. I was able to make that one a family trip since my nephew lived there and I hadn't seen him in years. Again It was AWESOME! 

In case you hadn't connected the dots... It was at that first event that I made invaluable connections which allowed me to realize my goal of being a published writer; but it was more than that. I met friends there with whom I still keep in contact.


  • Do you attend reader appreciation events? If not, why? 
  • What do you love about them
  • What would make you go to an event
i am working on adding a calendar to my blog so you can see what's coming up.  Perhaps it will help you plan. 


I hope you attend at least one event this year. There are awesome perks and lets face it, we all need a break from reality every now and then. Why not do something for yourself for a change!


~Gynger Fyer ~ The Romance Arsonist

No comments:

Post a Comment