I was initially going to use this post to jump start my annual Valentine’s Day count down. Last year I came up with different sexy, romantic things to do with your mate until "The big V day." And you know the Romance Arsonist in me has a VERY creative mind :-) However, as I was researching this particular idea, I realized it could be used for almost any occasion, even if it's just a little ego boost. By now you're probably wondering what in the heck I'm talking about. You see that beautiful thick, luscious, sexy woman in her sensual pose? Well, that could be you!
No, you don't have to be particularly thick or luscious, and you might not even think of yourself as being the least bit sexy or sensual but guess what; you are BEAUTIFUL. You just need a bit of help channeling your inner sex kitten. That's where boudoir photography can help.
Now, you know how I am, I love to feel beautiful, sexy and sensual (I'm a Leo. it's in our zodiacal DNA). And I try to give women the tools to help them feel the same. So this post is dedicated to boudoir photography.
What is it about Boudoir photography that I like?
- Anyone can do it. NO EXCUSES!
- It's probably the closest you'll get to Extreme Makeover
- It's fun
Let's leave the pics to the professionals!
Now I know the first thing most of you are going to say. Gynger, I'm a big girl, I can't show all of this stomach, and definitely not these thighs, to ANYBODY! and I won't even go there with the stretch marks.
Well guess what? Ever hear of airbrushing. Yes, the same tricks that the glamour mags use to make us think models and celebrities came into the world without one blemish, is the same thing that will get rid of your stretch marks.
I love these pics of thick women showing their sensual side. You bring the confidence and your photographer will use it to make you SHINE!
|Boudoir In Bloom Photography|
And what if you have a bit of a a tummy and you're self conscious about it, that's what props are for.
What if you have the body of a goddess but the acne of a teenager smack dab in the middle of puberty or scaring on your face or body. No problem, Boudoir photographers typically have someone there to do your make up and sometimes hair if you need a little help. Check out these beautiful before and after shots.
What I love about boudoir pics is that they really help you see a side of yourself you never knew existed. They can bring out a side of you that you are normally shy or hesitant to show. It can be what ever you want it to be. Are you conservative about how much skin you show, or what areas of your body you show. Guess what? You bring your own outfits and the photographer works with what you bring. That means you can be conservative and your idea of sexy at the same time.I think this is great for women who want to show off a bit but, are concerned about the image they project, for whatever the reason. It's honestly not for anyone to judge. We're all different and and have our own comfort levels. That's a good thing.
Boudoir pics also allow some women to get in touch with there sexy, sassy, sensual side.They feel comfortable with what the good Lord gave them, and under the right circumstances, (anniversary, Valentines day or mile stone birthday's) want to show it off. I say, YOU GO GIRL!!
And for all you natural ladies out there. Set that hair free and make it sexy
The main thing is that you HAVE fun doing it. A good boudoir photographer will have props. They will also allow you to bring your own.Are you or your mate sports fans? Try some sexy poses using your favorite team as a theme.
I love these foot ball themes but you could easily do a basketball jersey, hockey jersey , NASCAR etc.
Are you or your mate in the military? Get creative and use that in your photos. These are either going to be for you or to share with your mate so personalize it accordingly.
Honestly, the list of things you can do is endless.You can also do couples boudoir pics. Don't worry, a real photographer will know when to say WHEN! LOL
Now, I can not and will not close this blog without addressing cost. To be real, a good, professional boudoir photography session can cost anywhere from $200 to $800. (Say what!) Yes, I said it. I just like being upfront with my readers HOWEVER! you can cut this cost down in a number of ways.
1. Check out Groupon and sites like it for specials: Most boudoir photography studios offer specials and deals on those sites because they want and need exposure.
2. Split the cost!: Have a group of girlfriends chip in to rent a hotel room, then look around at some of the colleges for beginning photographers or on Craigslist to see if there are photographers listed (always check their credentials and confirm that you will own the rights to all of your prints and proofs). If you're not good at doing your own make-up, go to the mall and have your make-up done by a professional. M.A.C cosmetic stores do make-up using their products at a reasonable price, but there are many make-up artist out there so use Google, Yelp or other search engines to find them in your area.
3. Use what you have: Use a chair against a blank wall or a screen to break up the background you'd be surprised how simple backgrounds make the best pictures. Be creative. How about white bed sheets and pillow cases(new pillows work best and you can always used them any way). Find a free lance photographer (see option 2). The bulk of the cost should be for the photographer and ask for them to shoot most of the pics in black and white. Black and white pics work really well when you're on budget.
If all else fails and you can't find a discount and don't have enough friends who're willing to split the cost. Save up for it. I promise it'll be worth it in the end! Remember, as in life, you get what you pay for. If you opt to do option 2. or 3. don't expect the same results as if you'd gone to an established studio. I'm not saying it will look cheap. I'm just saying results will vary have a look at their portfolio to make sure you like their style. No matter what, at the end of the day, you should have a good quality product that you're happy with. So remember keep it sexy and HAVE FUN!!