Saturday, September 29, 2012

Is it me or is it more expensive to travel now. I am really enjoying my trip to Virginia to see my nephew and to attend the "A day with Yvette Hines" event, however, It seems as if my travel has been a la cart nearly every where I've gone!

  • Bag check at airport-$25
  • Parking at the Mall just so I could run in to the M.A.C. store- $1.00
  • Check in at hotel-4:00pm and not a moment before( yet I am paying for the entire day!)
  • WiFi at the hotel- charged per min-Thank God for my Droid doing a mobile hotspot. I was able to get out of this one. Now they do have free WiFi in the lobby, but I had to do edits this morning, I didn't want to be in my lingerie in the LOBBY.
  • Breakfast- $9.99 for all you can eat, which wouldn't be much since I am not a breakfast person.
I'm sure you get the picture. When did we things become so nickle and dime, yes, I know we are in a tight economy and our perceptions of what's reasonable has to be aligned with that, but some of this stuff  seems a bit underhanded, it's like the travel industry has gotten together and found a way to add some fine print to all of the "Deals" we think we are getting. I purchased my flight from Hotwire but after adding on the $50, round trip bag check fee, I can't see how I really saved a whole lot of money.

Thank God I am blessed to have a job and can afford these unexpected extras. I am the type of person who believes in economic empowerment. If I don't like how a business operates, I don't use them again. I can tell you now, my list is growing by leaps and bounds! LOL

Okay, so I've got that off my chest, I am going to get dressed to go down to the event and have my $10 breakfast( I will be going to the grocery store later, TRUST IN THAT), and I am going to enjoy my day so I hope you enjoy yours.


~Gynger~ the Romance Arsonist

No comments:

Post a Comment